Law Student Recruitment
- Manage law school outreach including sponsorships, mock interviews and student programming.
- Manage On-Campus Interview (OCI) registration, including resume select process for law schools as appropriate, preparation of materials for OCI, staffing of hospitality suites.
- Oversee candidate travel and review/approve travel expenses.
- Manage callback invitation procedures, scheduling with candidates as well as developing in-office interview meetings.
- Attend RC meetings, manage post-meeting action items, ensure timely preparation of candidate correspondence.
- Manage post offer follow up activity including scheduling second office visits and candidate entertainment activity.
- Manage preparation of post-offer candidate communications including electronic survey.
- Manage completion of post-OCI feedback via Symplicity or NALP form as requested by law schools.
- Supervise 1L OCI and resume collect process.
- Plan, implement and drive efforts to increase and improve firm visibility and firm brand at targeted schools.
- Work with Recruitment Committee co-chairs to meet recruiting initiatives and targets.
Summer Associate Program
- Serve as a key contact and point of information for Washington summer associates and others involved with the summer program.
- Plan and manage summer associate on-boarding and orientation including pre-arrival marketing information and outreach, and serving as a resource for other US offices as they plan for their local office programs.
- Oversee and manage the Washington summer program, including mentor assignments, training, summer associate retreat, work assignment and mini rotation programs.
- Manage evaluation processes including oversight of evaluation files and scheduling for mid-summer and exit interviews.
- Plan and execute summer associate social events, including coordination with other DC area offices including Baltimore, Minneapolis and Northern Virginia offices.
- Manage the creation and dissemination of post-summer survey and analyze results.
- Oversee the candidate conflicts, reference and background checks and bar verification process.
- Manage orientation for incoming associates in Washington area offices.
- Oversee integration initiatives, including social events (partner dinners, lunches, welcome reception) and regular check-ins with recent lateral and entry-level hires.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of associate, attorney and specialist files in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
- Administer and maintain Hogan Lovells US LLP legal recruiting policies, operational procedures and practices consistent with the firm goals and objectives.
- Act as liaison and contact for DC office recruitment.
- Supervise, manage and mentor recruiting staff, including training, coaching and performance feedback.
- Assist Chief Associate Recruitment Officer and Director of Associate Recruitment with preparation of annual budget related to summer associate, law student recruitment and attorney on-boarding/hiring initiatives.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external constituencies including HL lawyers and administrative departments, law school career services professionals, vendors, search firms and others.
- Keep abreast of current recruiting practices and maintain membership with WALRAA and National Association for Law Placement (NALP).
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Recruitment Officer – Americas and Director of Associate Recruitment.
- Five plus years of law firm attorney recruitment experience.
- Ability to build consensus, exercise discretion, good judgment, flexibility and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, organize and execute detailed and complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of Hogan Lovells personnel/lawyers.
- Ability to work independently and maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong supervisory skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required;
Core Hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (including 1 hour for lunch) with overtime as needed.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.